I use my extensive knowledge of female physiology, experience, and intuition to help you discover your own natural rhythm in birth, positions that work for you in the moment as it changes, breathing techniques (breath is everything!) and guide you through other natural coping mechanisms to mitigate the intensity of birth. I draw on methods used in Hypnobirthing, yoga, dance, and the wisdom of many birth professionals, mothers, and healers who have come before me. Birth, to me, demands a profound reverence for the rite of passage that it is, and I strive to help the mother achieve the birth experience she desires. Working with and supporting partners is also a key part of my practice.
I enjoy collaborating with and learning from nurses, midwives, and OBs, and I advocate gently. I do not offer medical advice, I instead will try to offer as many evidence-based resources you need to help you make an informed decision about your care. I support many different styles of birth, and I believe there is no “right” way to birth, there is just your way and it changes moment by moment. I proudly support queer couples, straight couples, and single mamas too!
Here’s what to expect from the time you contact me:
– An initial meeting: we’ll have some tea or a snack and see if we are a good fit.
– 2-3 prenatal meetings at your home.
– Continuous e-mail and phone support throughout your entire pregnancy and post-partum period to answer questions, connect you with resources, recommend books, and much more.
– Help connecting you with any resource you need, from evidence-based information on a particular medical issue, to a local diaper service, and anything else you can think of.
– 24/7 on-call support from 2 weeks before your estimated due date until the birth of your baby
– I will be in close contact with you during early labor, and join you at home or in the hospital when the need arises- usually when things start getting intense- and I will be there with you until your baby is born, you are settled in, and if you desire to breastfeed, then I will stay with you until you get a good start.
– 1-2 post-partum follow up visits between 1-6 weeks after your birth
For first-hand accounts of my work as a doula, click here for some testimonials from families.
I strive to make doula work accessible to everyone, so while I have a standard rate, I also work with low-income families on a sliding scale whenever possible.
Please write to me with any questions, I would love to meet you!