I use my extensive knowledge of physiology, experience, and intuition to help you discover your own natural rhythm in birth, positions that work for you in the moment as it changes, breathing techniques (breath is everything!) and guide you through other natural coping mechanisms to mitigate the intensity of birth. I draw on methods used in Hypnobirthing, yoga, dance, and the wisdom of many birth professionals, parents, and healers who have come before me. Birth demands a profound reverence for the rite of passage that it is, and I strive to help the birthing parent achieve the birth experience they desire. Working with and supporting partners and family members, including older children, is also a key part of my practice.
I support your unique style of birth, and I believe there is no “right” way to birth, and we must always remain flexible to the needs of the birthing person and family in the moment. In the same way, there are many different ways to envision a family, and I support each family’s unique way of being, including queer families, and single parents by choice.
Birth Doula Services:
Here’s what to expect from the time you contact me:
– An initial meeting: we’ll have some tea or a snack and see if we are a good fit.
– 2-3 prenatal meetings at your home.
– Continuous e-mail and phone support throughout your entire pregnancy and post-partum period to answer questions, connect you with resources, recommend books, and much more.
– Help connecting you with any resource you need, from evidence-based information on a particular medical issue, to a local diaper service, and anything else you can think of.
– 24/7 on-call support from 2 weeks before your estimated due date until the birth of your baby
– I will be in close contact with you during early labor, and join you at home or in the hospital when the need arises- usually when things start getting intense- and I will be there with you until your baby is born, you are settled in, and if you desire to breastfeed, then I will stay with you until you get a good start.
– 1-2 post-partum follow up visits between 1-6 weeks after your birth
Post Partum Doula Services:
Every family could use an extra hand during the post partum period. My job as a post partum doula is to protect the sleep of the new parents, and help them feel at ease and supported. I offer evidence based, non-judgemental care for the post-partum family, to help ease the transition into the fourth trimester and support the family’s physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
My post partum doula services include:
- newborn care
- homeopathic and herbal support for the new family
- breastfeeding support
- nutritional education
- meal preparation
- newborn care instruction
- running errands, and light housework
- resource support
As each family is so unique, so is each post partum care plan. I like to think of post partum doula work as filling in where needed, so I tend to adjust my hours and my services based on the changing needs of the new family.
For first-hand accounts of my work as a doula, click here for some testimonials from families.
I strive to make doula work accessible to everyone, so while I have a standard rate, I also work with low-income families on a sliding scale whenever possible.
If you’ve just had a baby, or are planning on having a baby and would like to talk about birth or post partum support, please write to me with any questions, I would love to meet you!